KAKE News – Wichita, Kansas
KAKE News has an opening for an energetic and enterprising reporter in a fast paced newsroom. We are an aggressive, award-winning shop that values the art of storytelling.
• Perform active live shots in the field or studio as assigned by Producer
• Drive and operate station vehicles
• Travel long distances in the execution of assigned duties
• Be available on-call as assigned
• Look for points of difference in storytelling, including walking, talking in stand-ups and live shots
• Support and champion the KAKE News Brand
• Be able to post video and stories on web and mobile platforms
• Win Breaking News
• At least 2 years experience as reporter or MMJ
• College degree in broadcast journalism preferred
• Ability to work independently with excellent editorial judgment
• Have a valid driver’s license
• Aggressive and competitive qualities with an overriding sense of good journalism, and fair reporting
• Tell both sides of a story and enterprise stories on a daily basis.
KAKE News is a vibrant growing station that is part of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. We are a drug-free company and require pre-employment drug testing and background checks. Lockwood Broadcast is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
When applying for this position, please send resume and demo reel of your work to:
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
Email link of resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Most Popular Stories
Wichita police captain accused of shoving teen ref charged with battery
Augusta City Prosecutor Benjamin Winters on Monday announced the charges, both misdemeanors, against Kevin Mears.
Mom, wife who had 2nd online life found slain
Alabama police are investigating the killing of a mom and online exhibitionist who was found dead outside her home near Birmingham.
Crews allowing fire to burn at Oklahoma rig
A local emergency manager says crews are allowing a fire to burn out following an explosion at a drilling rig in eastern Oklahoma to avoid spreading contaminants.
Officer fatally shoots 17-year-old in suburban Kansas City
Authorities say an officer has shot and killed a suburban Kansas City teenager while responding to a report of a suicidal person.
Valley Center teen dies after rollover crash
A morning rollover crash kills one teen and injures another. The accident happened on I-135 near Harry Street exit around 9:43 a.m. this morning.
Would-be robber shot twice by clerk, Wichita police say
Authorities say a suspect who tried to rob a Wichita business on Monday was rushed to the hospital after being shot twice.
Closings & Delays
The latest list of school and weather-related closings and delays.
15-year-old girl hurt in Texas school shooting
Authorities say a 15-year-old female student has been airlifted to a hospital after being shot at a Texas high school and a 16-year-old male student is in custody.
Security increased at Wichita West High after social media post
An official with USD 259 didn't call the vague post a threat, but said police are investigating and security was increased.
Tabor college swimmers honor coach's wife
Five Tabor College swimmers shaved their heads to support and honor their coach's wife.