- WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama has saluted the 2013 Major League Soccer champions Sporting Kansas City. He credits the "dedicated fans" of Kansas City for helping the sport grow in the United States.
- SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Alex Smith arrived in San Francisco with the pressure of being the No. 1 overall draft pick. He got called a draft bust, then turned the tide to win back those same fans who had booed him out of Candlestick Park.
- ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- When Mike Trout asked Albert Pujols for advice on his playoff debut, the veteran slugger with two rings told baseball's best young player to keep the same swing that finally got the Los Angeles Angels back into the October spotlight.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Kansas City Royals made one of the boldest trades in franchise history two years ago. The Oakland Athletics made a similarly aggressive move just a couple of months ago.
- PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Joel Embiid has adopted a playful persona on social media, letting Philadelphia 76ers fans in on his celebrity crushes or endorsements 140 characters at a time.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221