Posted: 5:43 PM
- CHICAGO (AP) -- Mike Moustakas scored the tiebreaking run in the top of the ninth inning when White Sox catcher Tyler Flowers could handle a throw home and the Kansas City Royals beat Chicago 2-1 Wednesday in the rubber game of a three-game series.
- CHICAGO (AP) -- Mike Moustakas homered twice, Bruce Chen pitched five effective innings and the Kansas City Royals snapped a four-game losing streak with a 7-1 rout of the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night.
- PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Baseball commissioner Bud Selig is "anxious" to look at the recommendations of a team of top orthopedists who are studying the uptick in elbow injuries among pitchers.
- DALLAS, Texas - Kansas State head football coach Bill Snyder, along with student-athletes, B.J. Finney, Tyler Lockett, Ryan Mueller, Jonathan Truman and Jake Waters met with national and regional print, radio and broadcast media on Tuesday as part of the Big 12 Media Days.
- WICHITA, KS (July 21, 2014) – The Wichita Wingnuts knocked off the Laredo Lemurs in a well-pitched and defended game, that featured a few timely hits for the home team on Monday night at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
- CHICAGO (AP) -- Chris Sale pitched seven effective innings in his first outing since the All-Star break and Adam Dunn had two RBIs and scored a run to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 3-1 victory over the slumping Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- BOSTON (AP) -- Jon Lester allowed no earned runs for the third time in four starts, and the Boston Red Sox completed a three-game sweep of the Kansas City Royals with a 6-0 win Sunday.