- CLEVELAND -- Danny Duffy pitched six shutout innings for his first win in more than a month as the Kansas City Royals moved closer to the top of the AL Central and kept some distance over Cleveland in the wild-card race, beating the Indians 2-0 on Monday night.
- CLEVELAND (AP) -- Scott Atchison struggled but got three outs in the 10th inning as the Cleveland Indians moved within 2 1/2 games of Kansas City in the AL wild-card chase on Monday by completing a 4-3 win over the Royals in a game suspended on Aug. 31.
- ST. LOUIS -- Terrance Williams scored the go-ahead touchdown late in the fourth quarter, and Bruce Carter returned an interception 25 yards for a TD on the next snap, capping the Dallas Cowboys' comeback from a 21-0 deficit to stun the St. Louis Rams 34-31 on Sunday.
- LOUDON, N.H. -- Joey Logano pulled away on the restart to win a green-white-checkered finish Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and advance to the second round of the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship.
- SEATTLE -- Marshawn Lynch scored on a 6-yard TD run on the first possession of overtime and the Seattle Seahawks beat the Denver Broncos 26-20 on Sunday in a Super Bowl rematch that lived up to expectations.
- MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Alex Smith shook off five sacks to throw three touchdown passes and help the Kansas City Chiefs earn their first victory by beating the Miami Dolphins 34-15 on Sunday.
- MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) -- Bruising freshman Samaje Perine rushed for 242 yards and four touchdowns to lead No. 4 Oklahoma to a 45-33 win over West Virginia in their Big 12 opener Saturday night.
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Montell Cozart threw a 60-yard touchdown pass to Justin McCay to break a fourth-quarter tie, and Kansas pulled away for a 24-10 victory over Central Michigan on Saturday.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Max Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers won their appeal on a wild play, and Joe Nathan escaped a ninth-inning jam to hold off the Kansas City Royals 3-2 Saturday and boost their AL Central lead.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221