- HOUSTON (AP) -- Rookie Yordano Ventura threw seven solid innings for first major league win to lift the Kansas City Royals to a 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
- WICHITA, Kan. – Daniel Kihle went 4-for-4 and had two RBI, including the go ahead two-out two RBI double as Wichita State beat Oral Roberts 6-5 on Tuesday night in Eck Stadium. Ray Ashford earned the win for the Shockers striking out three in three innings of work.
- After a season of scintillating performances and dazzling offensive production, Hutchinson Community College sophomore guard Kadeem Allen was named the 2014 NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Year on Monday.
- WICHITA, KS (April 14, 2014) – The Wichita Wingnuts are hoping that the back end of their bullpen will strike a similar fear in opposing hitters. With that thought in mind, the Wingnuts have signed three pitchers with closing experience, Daniel Bennett, Patrick Mincey, and Matt Nevarez.
- MINNEAPOLIS -- Pitcher Wade Davis made a wild flip home on a comebacker in the eighth inning and the Minnesota Twins rallied past the Kansas City Royals 4-3 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- NORTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Down 2 points to 1 and trailing by 31 pins in the deciding final Baker game, the Silver Lake Atom Splitters presented by Spiceworks rallied to defeat L.A. X presented by GoBowling.com to win the 2014 Professional Bowlers Association League Elias Cup.
- DARLINGTON, S.C. -- Kevin Harvick capped his biggest weekend at Darlington Raceway with his first Southern 500 victory Saturday night, passing Dale Earnhardt Junior two laps from the end of the longest race in the track's 65-year NASCAR history.
- MINNEAPOLIS -- Joe Mauer hit his first home run of the season and free-agent acquisition Ricky Nolasco earned his first win for the Minnesota Twins in a 7-1 victory Saturday over the Kansas City Royals.