September 18, 2013
Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman and athletic director Shawn Eichorst say they believe football coach Bo Pelini is sincere in his apology for a profane rant against fans two years ago and the university is ready to put the matter to rest.
The joint statement released Wednesday said former athletic director Tom Osborne was aware of the recording more than a year ago and addressed the matter with Pelini at the time. The statement said Pelini's demeanor has "significantly improved" since then and that Pelini understands the "seriousness and inappropriateness" of the comments.
A recording of the rant was leaked to the Deadspin.com sports website this week.