Wichita Drops Third Game of Season to Milwaukee

By: wichita wings Email
By: wichita wings Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

November 9, 2012

About two minutes into the game, the Wave’s Nick Perera, scored against Martinez for two putting the Wave up 2-0. Although the Wings played tight defense throughout the first quarter, they could not stop the second goal scored by Hewerton Moreria, which put the Wave up 4-2. With 8 seconds left in the first quarter Geison kicked it in off an assist from teammate Tiguinho to cut the Wave’s lead in half, but still in favor of the Wave at 4-2.

The second quarter started with the Wave on defense, but neither team could score right away. However, four minutes into the second quarter, Jonathan Santos scored for the Wave making it 6-2 Milwaukee. At the 7:31 mark of the quarter, Wichita was penalized for too many players on the field, which only added to their frustration of trying to score. The Wings attempted to pull together for a score before half time, but with no avail, leaving the Wave with a 6-2 lead going into the locker room.

At the beginning of the third quarter, the Wings came out fired up on defense in hopes of creating scoring opportunities for themselves. However, Wichita could not overcome silly mistakes. In the 13 minute mark of the quarter, the Wings were penalized again for having too many men on the field, leaving them down a player during what could be a crucial scoring time for the team. With 10:30 left in the third quarter, Hewerton Moreira found the back of the net for a second time to widen the Wave’s lead at 8-2. Jonathan Greenfield followed his teammate nearly two minutes later with two points, deepening the Wings’ deficit to 8, making the score 10-2. Wings midfielder, Bryan Perez came close to a score at the 2 minute mark, but could not convert before the Wave’s goalkeeper, Vorberg, saved the goal. With 42 seconds left in the quarter, the Wings were awarded a free kick after a Wave penalty, but again could not put points on the board. With 32 seconds left in the play for the quarter, the Wings tried to use the power play to their advantage, but not before the conclusion of the quarter.

With the beginning of the fourth quarter, the Wings still held an advantage over the Wave as a result of the power play, and again were not able to score off of the opportunity. With a full six on the field, the Wave continued aggressive play, resulting in another free kick for the Wings, however no change in score. Although the Wings maintained possession longer than the Wave for a good part of the quarter, they were not able to stop their inability to score. However, with a little over 8:24 left in the fourth quarter, Geison kicked it in off of an assist from Tiguinho for two points, making the score 4-10, with the Wave still leading. The Wave came back with an answer about a minute later when Guiliano Oliviero scored on a fast break making the Wings debt again 8, with a 12-4 lead. This would be the last score of the game, leaving the Wave 1-0 with the season opener and the Wings winless at home.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178284141 - kake.com/a?a=178284141
Gray Television, Inc.