Ten sports figures and one team will be inducted in to the Wichita Sports Hall of Fame at the museum’s annual induction ceremonies on June 20.
The 2009 class includes:
• Greg Brummett, former Wichita State University pitcher
• Don Calhoun, former Wichita North High School, Kansas State University and New England Patriots running back.
• Larry Dostert, former Bishop Carroll High School cross country coach and athletic director.
• Charles “Goose” Doughty, former Southeast High School and Friends University tennis coach.
• C. Ray Hall, managed 81 Speedway and five-time South Central Auto Racing Promoter of the Year award winner.
• Willie Jeffries, former Wichita State football coach, first African-American coach in Division I football.
• Jason Perez, former Wichita State basketball player.
• Roy Turner, director of the Wichita Open and former Wichita Wings coach.
• Lillian VanBlarcom, former national chair of AAU women’s basketball.
• Gene Wiley, former Wichita State and Los Angeles Lakers basketball player.
1978 Southeast High School baseball team, named 1978 national champions by Collegiate Baseball magazine.
The inductees will be honored at a reception from 11 a.m.-noon at the Wichita Sports Hall of Fame, 4700 E. Central. The induction will take place at 2 p.m. at Hillside Christian Church fellowship hall, 8330 E. Douglas. Tickets are $7 and must be purchased in advance.