College Sports Headlines
Newman Pulls Away for 90-79 Win over Washburn
- WICHITA, Kan.– The Newman men’s basketball team used a second half surge to pull away from Washburn for a 90-79 victory on Thursday (Nov. 20) at Fugate Gymnasium.
Shockers to compete in 2015 Orlando Classic
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State has signed on to compete in next fall’s Orlando Classic, Nov. 26, 27 and 29, 2015 at the HP Field House, located at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Fla.
Butler women's soccer wins 5-0, sets up Iowa Western re-match
- Nov. 18, 2014 - Butler Community College defeated Waubonsee Community College 5-0 on Tuesday to set up a re-match with defending national champion Iowa Western Community College on Wednesday.
Shocker baseball announces 2015 signing class
- Wichita State has signed 16 baseball players in the early signing period, Head Coach Todd Butler announced on Nov. 18.
Kapaun grad Truman named finalist for Burlsworth Award
Kansas State senior linebacker Jonathan Truman is one of 10 semifinalists for the Burlsworth Award, which honors the most outstanding football player in America that began his career as a walk-on, the award’s committee announced Tuesday.
No Knight for Sooners vs Kansas Saturday
- NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says quarterback Trevor Knight will miss his second straight game with a neck injury Saturday when the Sooners host Kansas.
Former Sunrise star still rising: OU's Hield named Big 12 Player of the Week
- NORMAN, Okla. (AP) -- University of Oklahoma and former Sunrise Christian guard Buddy Hield has been named the Big 12 Conference Player of the Week.
WSU's Harden named Player of the Week
- WICHITA, Kan. – Senior guard/forward Alex Harden was named College Sports Madness High-Major MVC Player of the Week, College Sports Madness announced on Monday.
Kansas State tops Southern Utah 98-68
- Nigel Johnson scored a career-high 18 points and Thomas Gipson had 17 points and six rebounds Friday to lead Kansas State over Southern Utah 98-68 in the season opener for both teams.
Wichita State grinds past New Mexico State 71-54
- Tekele Cotton scored 17 points and Ron Baker added 16 as No. 11 Wichita State wore down New Mexico State to win 71-54 on Friday night.
More College Sports Headlines