College Sports Headlines
Fans enjoy sneak peek at 2014-15 teams at Shocker Madness
- WICHITA, Kan. – Both the Wichita State men and women saluted championship seasons, Thursday night, before turning their focus toward the next.
KU 5th, Wichita State 11th in coaches poll
- Preseason poll released today.
Shockers Madness to be held October 16th
- WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State men’s and women’s basketball teams will hold their annual Shocker Madness kickoff event on Thursday, Oct. 16 at Charles Koch Arena, Home of Devlin Court.
Jayhawks picked to win 11th-straight Big 12 regular-season title
- IRVING, Texas - For the 13th time in the 19-year history of the Big 12, Kansas men’s basketball has been selected as the preseason favorite to win the conference regular-season championship as the league released its coaches’ preseason poll Thursday.
Hutchinson's Kamara named NJCAA national player of the week
- Alvin Kamara’s game-tying touchdown reception is a play that will go down in Hutchinson Community College football lore.
Jayhawks reload after losing Embiid, Wiggins
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Bill Self has replaced five starters and won the Big 12 title. He has replaced first-round draft picks, post stars and point guards, and kept winning Big 12 titles.
Former Jayhawk Wilt Chamberlain set to appear on postage stamp
- PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Wilt Chamberlain has been cut down to size. Wilt The Stilt is now Wilt The Stamp.
Weis relieved of duties as Kansas head coach
- Lawrence, Kan. - Charlie Weis has been relieved of his duties as Head Football Coach at the University of Kansas, KU Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger announced Sunday. Weis was in the third year of a five-year contract.
No. 24 Oklahoma State beats Texas Tech 45-35
- STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Daxx Garman threw for 370 yards and four touchdowns to help No. 24 Oklahoma State beat Texas Tech 45-35 on Thursday night.
Kansas aims to end 76-year drought against Texas
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- It's been more than seven decades since Kansas last beat Texas.
More College Sports Headlines