College Sports Headlines
Blue Dragons notch 7th straight season opening victory, top Bethany JV 45-7
- HUTCHINSON, Kan. -- The 11th-ranked Hutchinson Community College football team ran for more than 300 yards and picked off four passes defensively to defeat the Bethany College Junior Varsity 45-7 on Thursday night at Gowans Stadium to open the 2014 season.
Butler gets season opening victory over Independence, 57-16
The Butler Grizzlies survived an early scare to pull away from Independence CC for a 57-16 final Thursday night in El Dorado.
Cordarrelle Patterson to have Hutch CC jersey retired
- Hutchinson Community College football coach Rion Rhoades made a major announcement prior to Thursday’s 2014 season opener against the Bethany College Junior Varsity at Gowans Stadium.
USC backup quits, coach refutes racism accusation
- LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Running back Anthony Brown has quit Southern California's football team, and coach Steve Sarkisian was stunned by Brown's apparent accusations of racism against him on social media.
USC's Shaw says story of heroism was a lie
- USC says senior cornerback's story was a complete fabrication.
VanVleet Named Blue Ribbon Preseason First Team All-American
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State junior guard Fred VanVleet was named a 2014 Blue Ribbon Preseason First Team All-American, Blue Ribbon announced on Monday.
K-State's Truman makes world stop in weight room
- MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Every school has "max-out day," when guys try to better their best in a variety of weightlifting exercises. No. 20 Kansas State is no different.
NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- NCAA attorneys have taken the first step in trying to overturn the ruling in the Ed O'Bannon case by notifying the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that it intends to appeal.
WSU Volleyball picked first in MVC preseason poll
- WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State volleyball team is picked first in the 2014 Missouri Valley Conference Preseason Coaches Poll. The Shockers received four first-place votes and 87 points in the poll.
Jayhawks trying to adjust to running back injuries
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Ben Heeney may know better than anybody the challenge that faces Kansas after losing its top two running backs to season-ending injuries just one day apart.
More College Sports Headlines