College Sports Headlines
Bill Self and crew surprise students on campus
- LAWRENCE, Kan. – Per the usual, the Underground at Wescoe was busy with the lunch crowd on Thursday afternoon.
Baker University football player dies
- What should have been Inauguration Day for Baker University's new president has been called off, because a student has died.
Mississippi State, Florida State top playoff list
- Mississippi State, Florida State, Auburn and Mississippi are the top four teams in the first College Football Playoff rankings.
K-State ninth in inaugural College Football Playoff rankings
- MANHATTAN, Kan. – With its 6-1 record heading into this weekend’s matchup with Oklahoma State, Kansas State was ranked ninth in the inaugural College Football Playoff Top 25 rankings announced Tuesday on ESPN by the 12-person committee.
No. 11 Wildcats preparing to stop Texas, Swoopes
- MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- There was already plenty of competition for carries at Texas, where veteran running backs Johnathan Gray and Malcolm Brown have formed a potent one-two combination.
Fans enjoy sneak peek at 2014-15 teams at Shocker Madness
- WICHITA, Kan. – Both the Wichita State men and women saluted championship seasons, Thursday night, before turning their focus toward the next.
KU 5th, Wichita State 11th in coaches poll
- Preseason poll released today.
Shockers Madness to be held October 16th
- WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State men’s and women’s basketball teams will hold their annual Shocker Madness kickoff event on Thursday, Oct. 16 at Charles Koch Arena, Home of Devlin Court.
Jayhawks picked to win 11th-straight Big 12 regular-season title
- IRVING, Texas - For the 13th time in the 19-year history of the Big 12, Kansas men’s basketball has been selected as the preseason favorite to win the conference regular-season championship as the league released its coaches’ preseason poll Thursday.
Hutchinson's Kamara named NJCAA national player of the week
- Alvin Kamara’s game-tying touchdown reception is a play that will go down in Hutchinson Community College football lore.
More College Sports Headlines