College Sports Headlines
Kansas State falls to No. 3 Arizona, 72-68
- LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP) -- Kaleb Tarczewski scored 18 points, Gabe York added 15 and No. 3 Arizona hung on to win its first close game of the season, beating Kansas State 72-68 Tuesday in the Maui Invitational semifinals.
Blue Dragons dominate Lamar CC, 90-62
- A season-high five players scored in double figures to lead a second-half domination as the No. 22 Hutchinson Community College men’s basketball team ran past Lamar Community College 90-62 on Monday night at the Sports Arena.
Greene, Ellis lead Kansas to 87-60 win over Rider
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Brannen Greene scored 17 points off the bench, Perry Ellis also had 17 points and No. 11 Kansas rebounded from an embarrassing loss to Kentucky with an 87-60 victory over Rider on Monday night.
Shocker basketball plans MTXE era tribute
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State will pay tribute to the MTXE era – one of the most successful basketball stretches in school history - during its Saturday, Nov. 29 contest against longtime rival Tulsa. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m.
Shockers climb, Jayhawks fall in AP hoops poll
- Shockers move up to ninth.
Newman Pulls Away for 90-79 Win over Washburn
- WICHITA, Kan.– The Newman men’s basketball team used a second half surge to pull away from Washburn for a 90-79 victory on Thursday (Nov. 20) at Fugate Gymnasium.
Shockers to compete in 2015 Orlando Classic
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State has signed on to compete in next fall’s Orlando Classic, Nov. 26, 27 and 29, 2015 at the HP Field House, located at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex near Orlando, Fla.
Butler women's soccer wins 5-0, sets up Iowa Western re-match
- Nov. 18, 2014 - Butler Community College defeated Waubonsee Community College 5-0 on Tuesday to set up a re-match with defending national champion Iowa Western Community College on Wednesday.
Shocker baseball announces 2015 signing class
- Wichita State has signed 16 baseball players in the early signing period, Head Coach Todd Butler announced on Nov. 18.
Kapaun grad Truman named finalist for Burlsworth Award
Kansas State senior linebacker Jonathan Truman is one of 10 semifinalists for the Burlsworth Award, which honors the most outstanding football player in America that began his career as a walk-on, the award’s committee announced Tuesday.
More College Sports Headlines