College Sports Headlines
Weis relieved of duties as Kansas head coach
- Lawrence, Kan. - Charlie Weis has been relieved of his duties as Head Football Coach at the University of Kansas, KU Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger announced Sunday. Weis was in the third year of a five-year contract.
No. 24 Oklahoma State beats Texas Tech 45-35
- STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Daxx Garman threw for 370 yards and four touchdowns to help No. 24 Oklahoma State beat Texas Tech 45-35 on Thursday night.
Kansas aims to end 76-year drought against Texas
- LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- It's been more than seven decades since Kansas last beat Texas.
WSU shocks college baseball with No. 2 recruiting class
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State has landed the No. 2 recruiting class in the nation according to Collegiate Baseball’s annual evaluation of NCAA Division I baseball classes.
No. 5 Auburn holds off No. 20 K-State, 20-14
- Nick Marshall threw two touchdown passes, Auburn forced three turnovers and the fifth-ranked Tigers held on to beat mistake-prone No. 20 Kansas State 20-14 on Thursday night.
Shocker baseball team returns for first Fall practice
- WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State baseball team opened its first day of fall practice Wed., Sept. 17 outside at Eck Stadium.
Auburn's Whitehead suspended for K-State game
- MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead won't play against No. 20 Kansas State after violating team rules.
Creighton edges Shockers in volleyball final
- OMAHA, Neb. – Creighton used 18 kills from All-American Kelli Browning to defeat Wichita State 3-1. The Bluejays won by scores of 25-15, 16-25, 27-25 and 25-19.
No. 20 Kansas State prepares for No. 5 Auburn
- The Auburn Tigers are the fifth ranked team in the country. They own the highest ranking for a non-conference opponent to visit Manhattan in 45 years, making this the biggest non-conference game in the Bill Snyder Era at Kansas State... even if he won't admit it.
Petty leads No. 8 Baylor in 63-21 rout of Buffalo
- AMHERST, N.Y. (AP) -- Bryce Petty threw four touchdown passes, leading No. 8 Baylor to a 63-21 victory against Buffalo on Friday night.
More College Sports Headlines