College Sports Headlines
Shocker Hall of Famer Perez breaks ground on Next Level Hoops Academy
- BEL AIRE, Kan. -- Construction work has officially begun on the Next Level Hoops Academy at 5300 North Webb Road in Bel Aire after a groundbreaking ceremony was held Friday afternoon.
ESPN: Missouri Coach Frank Haith is heading to Tulsa
- ESPN.com reports that Missouri coach Frank Haith has verbally agreed to become the next coach at Tulsa.
Cozart named starting quarterback at KU
- Today, Jayhawks football head coach Charlie Weis announced that sophomore Montell Cozart will take the snaps for the 2014 season.
Cowley Soccer players frustrated by forum, anxious for trustee meeting
- Cowley College soccer players were frustrated during a public forum Wednesday night.
Malone throws no-hitter for Shockers in 12-0 win
- WICHITA, Kan. – Katie Malone was a force on the mound for the Wichita State softball team, pitching her first career no-hitter as the Shockers defeated the Missouri State Bears 12-0 in five innings Wednesday afternoon in Wilkins Stadium.
Michigan State signs Sunrise Christian forward Marvin Clark
- BEL AIRE, Kan. -- The Spartans added the forward on Wednesday to a recruiting class that also includes one of his teammates, Lourawls Nairn, and Javon Bess. Clark and Narin attend Sunrise Christian Academy of Bel Aire, Kan.
Kadeem Allen named NABC JUCO Player of the Year
- HUTCHINSON, Kan. -- For the second time in two days, Hutchinson Community College men’s basketball All-American Kadeem Allen has earned a national Player of the Year award.
Shockers slide past Golden Eagles, 6-5
- WICHITA, Kan. – Daniel Kihle went 4-for-4 and had two RBI, including the go ahead two-out two RBI double as Wichita State beat Oral Roberts 6-5 on Tuesday night in Eck Stadium. Ray Ashford earned the win for the Shockers striking out three in three innings of work.
College All-Stars Barnstorming Tour 2014 coming to Bishop Carroll
- The COLLEGE ALL-STARS BARNSTORMING TOUR 2014 at BCCHS Friday, April 25:
Allen named NJCAA Player of the Year
- After a season of scintillating performances and dazzling offensive production, Hutchinson Community College sophomore guard Kadeem Allen was named the 2014 NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Year on Monday.
More College Sports Headlines