College Sports Headlines
No. 5 Auburn holds off No. 20 K-State, 20-14
- Nick Marshall threw two touchdown passes, Auburn forced three turnovers and the fifth-ranked Tigers held on to beat mistake-prone No. 20 Kansas State 20-14 on Thursday night.
Shocker baseball team returns for first Fall practice
- WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State baseball team opened its first day of fall practice Wed., Sept. 17 outside at Eck Stadium.
Auburn's Whitehead suspended for K-State game
- MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead won't play against No. 20 Kansas State after violating team rules.
Creighton edges Shockers in volleyball final
- OMAHA, Neb. – Creighton used 18 kills from All-American Kelli Browning to defeat Wichita State 3-1. The Bluejays won by scores of 25-15, 16-25, 27-25 and 25-19.
No. 20 Kansas State prepares for No. 5 Auburn
- The Auburn Tigers are the fifth ranked team in the country. They own the highest ranking for a non-conference opponent to visit Manhattan in 45 years, making this the biggest non-conference game in the Bill Snyder Era at Kansas State... even if he won't admit it.
Petty leads No. 8 Baylor in 63-21 rout of Buffalo
- AMHERST, N.Y. (AP) -- Bryce Petty threw four touchdown passes, leading No. 8 Baylor to a 63-21 victory against Buffalo on Friday night.
Shocker men's basketball sells out season tickets for second time ever
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State’s streak of sellouts at Charles Koch Arena, home of Devlin Court, will continue for at least another year.
K-State announces additional game times for 2014-15 men's hoops season
- MANHATTAN, Kan. – K-State Athletics announced additional game times for the men’s basketball season, including its first seven home non-conference contests on Friday.
KU at Duke to air on Fox Sports Midwest Plus
- Saturday’s Kansas-Duke game will air locally on FOX Sports Kansas City Plus and FOX Sports Midwest Plus due to overlap with the Royals telecast later that day.
Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Lands in Lawrence
- LAWRENCE, Kan. – After competing for his home country, Ukraine, earlier this month at the FIBA Basketball World Championship, Kansas freshman guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (pronounced Sviat-is-slov Meh-kai-luke, prefers to be called "Svi" pronounced "Svee") arrived in Lawrence on Monday, Sept. 8.
More College Sports Headlines