College Sports Headlines
WSU shocks college baseball with No. 2 recruiting class
Posted: 4:14 PM
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State has landed the No. 2 recruiting class in the nation according to Collegiate Baseball’s annual evaluation of NCAA Division I baseball classes.
No. 5 Auburn holds off No. 20 K-State, 20-14
- Nick Marshall threw two touchdown passes, Auburn forced three turnovers and the fifth-ranked Tigers held on to beat mistake-prone No. 20 Kansas State 20-14 on Thursday night.
Shocker baseball team returns for first Fall practice
- WICHITA, Kan.- The Wichita State baseball team opened its first day of fall practice Wed., Sept. 17 outside at Eck Stadium.
Auburn's Whitehead suspended for K-State game
- MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) -- Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead won't play against No. 20 Kansas State after violating team rules.
Creighton edges Shockers in volleyball final
- OMAHA, Neb. – Creighton used 18 kills from All-American Kelli Browning to defeat Wichita State 3-1. The Bluejays won by scores of 25-15, 16-25, 27-25 and 25-19.
No. 20 Kansas State prepares for No. 5 Auburn
- The Auburn Tigers are the fifth ranked team in the country. They own the highest ranking for a non-conference opponent to visit Manhattan in 45 years, making this the biggest non-conference game in the Bill Snyder Era at Kansas State... even if he won't admit it.
Petty leads No. 8 Baylor in 63-21 rout of Buffalo
- AMHERST, N.Y. (AP) -- Bryce Petty threw four touchdown passes, leading No. 8 Baylor to a 63-21 victory against Buffalo on Friday night.
Shocker men's basketball sells out season tickets for second time ever
- WICHITA, Kan. – Wichita State’s streak of sellouts at Charles Koch Arena, home of Devlin Court, will continue for at least another year.
K-State announces additional game times for 2014-15 men's hoops season
- MANHATTAN, Kan. – K-State Athletics announced additional game times for the men’s basketball season, including its first seven home non-conference contests on Friday.
KU at Duke to air on Fox Sports Midwest Plus
- Saturday’s Kansas-Duke game will air locally on FOX Sports Kansas City Plus and FOX Sports Midwest Plus due to overlap with the Royals telecast later that day.
More College Sports Headlines