10 mins ago
- INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- NCAA attorneys have taken the first step in trying to overturn the ruling in the Ed O'Bannon case by notifying the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that it intends to appeal.
Posted: 11:42 AM
- WICHITA, Kan. – The Wichita State volleyball team is picked first in the 2014 Missouri Valley Conference Preseason Coaches Poll. The Shockers received four first-place votes and 87 points in the poll.
- DENVER (AP) -- Matt McBride hit his first career grand slam and Jorge De La Rosa pitched eight crisp innings, helping the Colorado Rockies cool off the Kansas City Royals with a 5-2 win on Wednesday night.
- CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Tony Stewart will not race Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee, the third Sprint Cup race he's skipped since his car struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr. during a sprint car race.
- WICHITA, Kan. -- Two months after Wink Hartman put the Wichita Wild franchise up for sale, the Wichita area is expected to get an arena football team for the upcoming season, according to CPIFL and LSFL sources.
- LAWRENCE, Kan. - Kansas men's basketball coach Bill Self spent part of his Wednesday morning with his friend and Lawrence attorney Evan Ice who has been battling ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) for the past two years.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Add rookie running back De'Anthony Thomas to a lengthy list of Chiefs players who are missing practice as the team prepares for its preseason game Saturday night against Minnesota.
WICHITA, Kan. -- The Grizzlies got off to a slow start in 2013, losing 4 of their first 6 games to Kapaun, Dodge City, Bishop Carroll and Heights. They're making sure 2014 is much better out of the gate.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221