- WICHITA, KS (July 21, 2014) – The Wichita Wingnuts knocked off the Laredo Lemurs in a well-pitched and defended game, that featured a few timely hits for the home team on Monday night at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
- CHICAGO (AP) -- Chris Sale pitched seven effective innings in his first outing since the All-Star break and Adam Dunn had two RBIs and scored a run to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 3-1 victory over the slumping Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- BOSTON (AP) -- Jon Lester allowed no earned runs for the third time in four starts, and the Boston Red Sox completed a three-game sweep of the Kansas City Royals with a 6-0 win Sunday.
- BOSTON (AP) -- Rubby De La Rosa pitched seven solid innings and Mike Napoli hit a tiebreaking homer to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 2-1 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Saturday night.
- NEWTON, Kansas (AP) -- Byron Meth beat Doug Ghim in the first playoff hole after blowing a three-hole lead down the stretch to win the U.S. Amateur Public Links championship on Saturday.
- HOYLAKE, England (AP) -- Rory McIlroy put a stranglehold on his third major championship with a 4-under 68 Saturday, heading to the final round of the British Open with a six-shot lead.
- BOSTON -- Jonny Gomes hit a go-ahead two-run pinch homer in the sixth after another two-run shot in the inning by Xander Bogaerts and the Boston Red Sox beat the Kansas City Royals 5-4 on Friday night.