- WICHITA, Kan. -- The new league formed through the merger of the Champions Professional Indoor Football League and the Lone Star Football League will be called Champions Indoor Football, according to a source within the league.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Chiefs offensive tackle Donald Stephenson has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
- ANDOVER, Kan.-- Thursday marked the first padded practice for high school football in Kansas and Andover High took full advantage participating in contact drills at Andover District Stadium.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The man who performs as the Kansas City Chiefs' mascot has reached a legal settlement over severe injuries he suffered last November while practicing a zip line routine.
- WICHITA, KS (August 21, 2014) – The Wichita Wingnuts have reached the American Association’s championship series each of the last two seasons, but fallen just short of a title both times.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Jamaal Charles returned to Chiefs practice Thursday for the first time since hurting his foot last week, though he's unlikely to play in Saturday night's preseason game against Minnesota.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221