- WICHITA, Kan. – Katie Malone was a force on the mound for the Wichita State softball team, pitching her first career no-hitter as the Shockers defeated the Missouri State Bears 12-0 in five innings Wednesday afternoon in Wilkins Stadium.
- BEL AIRE, Kan. -- The Spartans added the forward on Wednesday to a recruiting class that also includes one of his teammates, Lourawls Nairn, and Javon Bess. Clark and Narin attend Sunrise Christian Academy of Bel Aire, Kan.
- HOUSTON (AP) -- Rookie Yordano Ventura threw seven solid innings for first major league win to lift the Kansas City Royals to a 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Tuesday night.
- WICHITA, Kan. – Daniel Kihle went 4-for-4 and had two RBI, including the go ahead two-out two RBI double as Wichita State beat Oral Roberts 6-5 on Tuesday night in Eck Stadium. Ray Ashford earned the win for the Shockers striking out three in three innings of work.
- After a season of scintillating performances and dazzling offensive production, Hutchinson Community College sophomore guard Kadeem Allen was named the 2014 NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Player of the Year on Monday.
- WICHITA, KS (April 14, 2014) – The Wichita Wingnuts are hoping that the back end of their bullpen will strike a similar fear in opposing hitters. With that thought in mind, the Wingnuts have signed three pitchers with closing experience, Daniel Bennett, Patrick Mincey, and Matt Nevarez.