- HARRISON, N.J. (AP) -- Bradley Wright-Phillips scored twice in the final 13 minutes to rally New York to a 2-1 victory over Sporting Kansas City on Thursday night, eliminating the defending MLS Cup champion from the playoffs and sending the Red Bulls to the conference semifinals.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Lorenzo Cain looped a two-run single and Eric Hosmer chopped a two-run double over shortstop in a seven-run second inning as the Kansas City Royals battered the San Francisco Giants 10-0 Tuesday night to force a decisive Game 7 in the World Series.
- MANHATTAN, Kan. – With its 6-1 record heading into this weekend’s matchup with Oklahoma State, Kansas State was ranked ninth in the inaugural College Football Playoff Top 25 rankings announced Tuesday on ESPN by the 12-person committee.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The television rating for Game 4 between San Francisco and Kansas City dropped to a 6.3, a low for this year's World Series, then rebounded to a 7.3 in Game 5 as the Giants took a 3-2 lead.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith played through a sprained throwing shoulder that he sustained just before halftime of Sunday's 34-7 rout of the St. Louis Rams.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221