- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Salvador Perez triggered a go-ahead rally with a double in the sixth inning and made several spectacular plays behind the plate, helping the Kansas City Royals to a scrappy 3-2 victory over the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday night.
- Wichita, KS (July 30th) – The Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League, powered by Toyota, continued to piece together their roster for the upcoming 2014-15 season, re-signing forward Ian Lowe and goaltender Taylor Nelson while also welcoming defenseman Jim Jorgensen.
- Phoenix, AZ (July 29) – Central Hockey League (CHL) Commissioner Steve Ryan, upon the conclusion of the CHL’s Annual Meetings in Chandler, Arizona this past week, has announced an adjustment to the overtime procedure for the 2014-15 season and has announced a rule change relative to Fighting Major penalties.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- OPENING STATEMENT: “These are your injuries: Donald Stephenson didn’t practice today, he had an ankle sprain. He got rolled up yesterday. Doesn’t look like it’s too bad, but it was swollen today. Sanders Commings is making progress with the foot strain. Junior Hemmingway, slight hamstring sprain he should be back here.
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The presumptive favorite to win the starting right guard spot with the Kansas City Chiefs worked out with the third team on Monday. The guy who is challenging him for the spot slid over to center during another portion of the workout.
- AMARILLO, TX -- The Wichita Wingnuts will enter the all-star break with a 46-22 record, the best mark in the American Association at this juncture, after their 10-6 victory over the Amarillo Sox at Amarillo National Bank Sox Stadium on Sunday evening.