Posted: 5:34 PM
- LAWRENCE, Kan. – Armed with the No. 1 seed in the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship for the sixth-straight season and 11th time in league history, No. 10/10 Kansas head coach Bill Self answered questions about the health of Joel Embiid, the possibility of facing Oklahoma State a third time and the impending NCAA Tournament in his weekly press conference Monday afternoon.
Posted: 5:27 PM
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- When general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were hired by the Chiefs last year, they knew that there would be plenty of turnover on a roster that produced just two wins.
- WICHITA, Kan.- Alex Harden scored 27 points and handed out six assists, while Michelle Price scored 15 points and pulled down seven rebounds on senior day as the Wichita State women’s basketball team defeated Missouri State 93-56 on Sunday afternoon inside Charles Koch Arena, capturing its second-consecutive Missouri Valley Conference regular-season championship.
Updated: 7:19 AM
- ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Fred VanVleet scored 22 points including several key baskets late to lead another strong ensemble effort and No. 2 Wichita State remained the nation's lone unbeaten after defeating Indiana State 83-69 on Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament final.
- MANHATTAN, Kan. – Freshman Marcus Foster was named to the Phillips 66 All-Big 12 Second Team and to All-Newcomer Team, while junior Thomas Gipson and Will Spradling were selected All-Big 12 honorable mention, as the league office announced its annual men’s basketball awards on Sunday.
- IRVING, Texas - Kansas' 2013-14 conference champion starting five - Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Perry Ellis, Wayne Selden Jr. and Naadir Tharpe - highlight KU's selections to the 2014 All-Big 12 Men's Basketball awards announced Sunday.
- Cleanthony Early scored 20 points with three 3-pointers and a pair of dunks, and No. 2 Wichita State improved to 33-0 with little resistance in a 67-42 rout over Missouri State in the Missouri Valley Conference semifinals Saturday.
- Kenny Chery had 10 of Baylor's 17 consecutive made free throws down the stretch, finishing with a career-high 29 points and leading the Bears to a 76-74 victory over Kansas State on Saturday.