Wichita School Evacuated For Gas Leak

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Wichita elementary school was evacuated due to a gas leak Thursday morning.

This morning, someone noticed a smell of gas inside Gardiner Elementary and officials called Black Hills Energy.

A Black Hills representative located a gas leak, and kids were temporarily evacuated to the school's playground.

Once school leaders learned the building wouldn't have heat for the rest of the day, the decision was made to cancel classes.

Students were moved a couple of blocks away to St. Luke's Presbyterian Church where parents were notified to pick up their children.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184299531 - kake.com/a?a=184299531
Gray Television, Inc.