Salina School Evacuated Due To Gas Leak

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

UPDATE: Friday, March 1, 2013

Salina school officials say students and faculty have been allowed to return to Huesner Elementary nearly three hours after they were evacuated by a gas leak.

Classes resumed Friday afternoon after the building was deemed safe by investigators. No injuries were reported.

Friday, March 1, 2013

A Salina school has been evacuated due to a gas leak.

Firefighters are on scene at Huesner Elementary, located at 1300 Norton Street, while KG&E crews are trying to located the source of the leak.

Students have been moved to Sunrise Presbyterian Church at 825 E. Beloit, and school officials are working on a plan to bus them to a different school.

No injuries have been reported.

Stay with KAKE News for updates.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 194216351 -