Senate Approves 'Nikko' Resolution

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Kansas Senate unanimously approved a resolution recognizing the dangers that antifreeze poses to animals and children.

The vote Wednesday came at the urging of 12-year-old Aaron Coash of Valley Center, whose dog Nikko died in January after drinking antifreeze, which smells and tastes sweet.

Coash had wanted a law passed to require additive manufacturers to add an additive that would make it smell and taste bitter. But his request came too late in the legislative session to be considered as a possible new law.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 141908823 - kake.com/a?a=141908823