County Buildings Where Concealed Carry Is Prohibited
- Sedgwick County Courthouse
- Juvenile Court/District Attorney
- Work Release
- Judge Riddel Boys Ranch
- Sheriff Squad Room
- Offender Registrartion Unit
- COMCARE Children's Services Equity Bank Building
- Environmental Resources
- Sheriff's Office Professional Standards Unit-ECCO Plaza
- Health Department Administration
- Lake Afton Observatory
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Exploration Place
- Kansas African American Museum
- National Center for Aviation Training
- INTRUST Bank Arena
- Adult Detention Facility (Prohibited in some areas)
- Juvenile Detention Facility (Prohibited in some areas)
- Adult Field Service (Prohibited in some areas)
- Adult Residential/Sedgwick County Youth Program-Main (Prohibited in some areas)
- Adult Residential/Sedgwick County Youth Program- Central (Prohibited in some areas)
- Juvenile Residential Facility (Prohibited in some areas)
- Juvenile Intake and Assessment Center (Prohibited in some areas)
- Juvenile Field Services (Prohibited in some areas)
- Pretrial Services/Drug Court (Prohibited in some areas)
Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Starting today, a large majority of Sedgwick County buildings will allow concealed carry permit holders to enter county buildings with guns.
This morning, Sedgwick County commissioners approved, 4-1, to apply the Kansas Personal and Family Act to county-owned and county-leased buildings. Commissioner Tim Norton voted against the resolution.
"I think we have really maximized the opportunity for concealed carry permit holders to exercise their second amendment rights within county buildings," said Commissioner Richard Ranzau.
The state law requires all cities and counties to allow concealed carry expect for buildings with adequate security.
In Sedgwick County, only 27 buildings will continue to prohibit concealed carry, including the Sedgwick County Courthouse and Juvenile Court.
The county owns 177 buildings, leases 31 buildings, and has co-locations in 25 buildings.
For a list of buildings that prohibit concealed carry, click here.