Worker Electrocuted In East Wichita Home

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Farha employee died from an electric shock while working in the attic of an east Wichita home.

It happened in the 400 block of N. Terrace just before 10 a.m. Tuesday. Emergency crews called to the scene of a possible electrocution. They found a 27-year-old man not breathing.

Dispatchers said the man was working in the attic, came in contact with the electrical system, and was shocked. It took crews about 25 minutes to extricate the victim from the confined space.

He was rushed to the hospital where he later died.

Officials said the victim was working in the home with a co-worker. No one else was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127845058 - kake.com/a?a=127845058