Election 2014 Headlines
Roberts ad protests housing detainees in Kansas
Posted: 4:44 PM
- Sen. Pat Roberts is airing a television advertisement in his re-election campaign in which he vows to filibuster any federal effort to house terrorism detainees at Fort Leavenworth that are now being held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
Orman outlines college cost accountability plan
Posted: 4:41 PM
- Independent candidate for Senate Greg Orman says colleges that receive federal dollars should be barred from raising costs to students above the rate of inflation.
GOP official breaks with party in big Kansas races
Posted: 2:01 PM
- Retiring Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger grew up in a Republican family and won't drop her GOP affiliation even after the party moved well to her right.
Mitt Romney to campaign for Pat Roberts
Will headline rally in Overland Park
Grassroots plays outsized role in Kansas elections
- Bipartisan grassroots political organizations have been gaining strength across Kansas in recent months.
Parties see jump in Kansas voter registrations
- The Democratic and Republican parties in Kansas have both gained registered voters since the August primary elections, while the number of unaffiliated voters has fallen.
Democrats to host NYC fundraiser for Independent Greg Orman
- The son of billionaire, known for funding Democratic candidates, is co-hosting a major New York City fundraiser for U.S. Senate Independent candidate Greg Orman.
Pat Roberts missed most ag committee meetings
Federal records show he attended barely one-third of his meetings during the past 15 years.
Dissident GOP group grows in Kansas governor race
- Democratic challenger Paul Davis says a group of dissident Republicans backing him in the Kansas governor's race has grown to more than 500 members.
Kansas voter registration deadline is today
- Eligible voters must be residents of Kansas. They also must be 18 years old and a U.S. citizen.
Tea Party group endorses Roberts in Senate race
- A national tea party group that derided U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts during Kansas' bitter Republican primary race is now him in the general election.
GOP official in new Orman ad in Kansas Senate race
- Independent candidate Greg Orman is broadcasting a new television ad in his campaign for the U.S. Senate in Kansas featuring an endorsement from the state's retiring GOP insurance commissioner.
Christie returns to Kansas to stump for Brownback
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is traveling to Kansas once again to campaign and raise money amid a tight gubernatorial race.
Analysis: Gay marriage clouds Kansas governor race
- The re-emergence of gay marriage as a hot legal issue nationally has complicated Democrat Paul Davis' bid in Kansas to unseat conservative Republican Gov. Sam Brownback.
Group seeks to remove two Kansas Supreme Court Justices
- A new group called "Kansans for Justice" is seeking the removal of Kansas Supreme Court Justices Lee Johnson and Eric Rosen, following their decision to overturn the death sentences for the Carr brothers.
Huelskamp gets endorsement from democrat
- Republican Congressman Tim Huelskamp is touting his endorsement by a college student who ran unsuccessfully for the Democratic nomination in Kansas' 1st Congressional District.
Saline County voters will decide on adding commissioners
- Saline County voters will have a question on the November ballot to add two more commissioners to the Saline County Commission.
In Kansas, funding of TV ads most mysterious
- Kansas has seen the greatest number of political ads for state-level offices this election season from groups that do not disclose their donors.
Cruz helping Kansas Senator Roberts launch bus tour in Wichita
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz came to Wichita to boost the re-election campaign of fellow Republican and Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts.
New poll shows close Kansas governor's contest
- A new poll says the Kansas governor's race between Republican incumbent Sam Brownback and Democratic challenger Paul Davis is a toss-up.
Huelskamp, Sherow to debate in race for House seat
- Republican incumbent Tim Huelskamp and Democratic challenger Jim Sherow are preparing for their first debate in the race for Kansas' 1st Congressional District seat.
Texas Senator Cruz endorsing Kansas Senator Roberts
- Tea party movement icon and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has endorsed the re-election of Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts and is planning to help his fellow Republican kick off a four-day bus tour.
Senator Roberts plans event with US Chamber leader
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts is planning to have an event with a leader of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce as his race for re-election in Kansas heats up.
UPDATE: Business past fuels independent Orman in Kansas
- Greg Orman, who's running for the U.S. Senate in Kansas, says he knows about working with others because he grew up in a house with five siblings and one bathroom.
Poll says Kansas Senate, governor's races close
- A new poll says the U.S. Senate and governor's races in Kansas remain close.
More Election 2014 Headlines