- Secretary of State Kris Kobach's opponent in the Republican primary predicts that a "dual" voting system for helping Kansas enforce a proof-of-citizenship rule will confuse voters and suppress turnout.
- Congressman Mike Pompeo's campaign accusing challenger Todd Tiahrt of corruption in connection with an earmark Tiahrt secured while in Congress for a Colorado company Tiahrt later went to work for.
- Former Republican congresswoman Jan Meyers has formally endorsed Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's re-election, six days after being listed among GOP moderates endorsing his Democratic challenger.
- A Washington-area group with ties to veteran Republican operatives is spending at least $246,000 on radio and television advertisements in Kansas praising Gov. Sam Brownback in the final weeks before the state's primary election.
- Burlington Police Chief Doug Jones says Jeff Freeman, a Republican running against incumbent state Rep. Peggy Mast of Emporia in the Aug. 5 primary, was booked into the Coffey County jail Sunday.
- A conservative group with ties to billionaire industrialists Charles and David Koch is spending big money to thank U.S. Rep. Mike Pompeo for his work in Congress amid a bitter race for his seat.
- A slip by a Kansas Republican Party official in introducing U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts at a political rally prompted the senator to jokingly describe the chamber as an "assisted living home."
- White House counsel Neil Eggleston said in a letter Monday that the House Oversight Committee's demand that political director David Simas testify threatens the president's independence and ability to get candid advice to carry out his constitutional duties.