- Libertarian Keen Umbehr says he's contacted all of the debate hosts who say at this stage of the race, it's best to focus their time on Democrat Paul Davis and Republican incumbent Sam Brownback.
- Republican Secretary of State Kris Kobach is likely to face questions during a televised debate about a proof-of-citizenship requirement for new Kansas voters enacted at his urging.
- Sen. Pat Roberts is airing a television advertisement in his re-election campaign in which he vows to filibuster any federal effort to house terrorism detainees at Fort Leavenworth that are now being held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Independent candidate Greg Orman is broadcasting a new television ad in his campaign for the U.S. Senate in Kansas featuring an endorsement from the state's retiring GOP insurance commissioner.
- A new group called "Kansans for Justice" is seeking the removal of Kansas Supreme Court Justices Lee Johnson and Eric Rosen, following their decision to overturn the death sentences for the Carr brothers.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public File Liaison:
Station Contact Info:
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221