Election 2014 Headlines
UPDATE: Kobach to add disclaimer to Kansas Senate ballots
- Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach says about 500 voters living overseas will be told they may have to re-vote in the U.S. Senate race after ballots are mailed to them Saturday.
New lawsuit filed in dispute in Kansas Senate race
- A registered Democratic voter has filed a new petition with the Kansas Supreme Court asking it to force the party to name a new nominee for the U.S. Senate.
Supreme Court: Remove Chad Taylor from ballot in Senate race
- The Kansas Supreme Court has ordered the state to remove U.S. Senate Democratic nominee Chad Taylor's name from the ballot, in a ruling that could influence the national fight for control of the Senate.
Democrats may face 2nd fight in Kansas Senate race
- The Republican serving as Kansas' top elections official won't give up on forcing Democrats to field a U.S. Senate candidate, even if the state Supreme Court orders the current nominee's removal from the ballot.
Poll suggests Kobach/Taylor battle crucial to election outcome
- Results of a new statewide poll reveal that Chad Taylor's battle with Kris Kobach to keep his name off the ballot could be instrumental in who Kansans vote for in November.
UPDATE: Kansas judges question why Democrat can't withdraw
- Several Kansas Supreme Court justices are questioning why a Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate who wants his name off the ballot should be prevented from doing so by the state's chief election officer.
Kansas voter wants to keep Democrat in Senate race
- Kansas City man fighting to vote for Chad Taylor
State representative defends residency, condo
- A Kansas state representative says the nearly half-million-dollar condominium he owns in Lawrence is just where he stays during legislative sessions, while his official residence is at his sister's house in Salina.
Kansas senator has 1st web ad; foe calls it 'fake'
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts' re-election campaign has posted an online ad attacking independent candidate Greg Orman as a liberal pretending to be conservative.
Kansas Supreme Court to hear US Senate dispute next week
- The Kansas Supreme Court will hold a hearing next week on a petition by the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate to get his name removed from the November ballot.
UPDATE: State Supreme Court to hear Kan. Senate ballot dispute
- Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is attacking a key argument made by the Democratic candidate waging a legal battle to get his name removed from the ballot in the U.S. Senate race.
Democrat won't discuss lawsuit in Kansas Senate race
- Democratic nominee Chad Taylor is refusing to answer questions about his petition to the Kansas Supreme Court to have his name removed from the ballot as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
Democrat Taylor sues to get name off Kansas Senate ballot
- Democratic candidate Chad Taylor has filed a petition with the Kansas Supreme Court to get his name removed from the Nov. 4 ballot in the U.S. Senate race.
Democrat in Kansas 1st having event with lawmakers
- The Democratic nominee in the 1st Congressional District of Kansas is preparing to have a Statehouse news conference with former and current state legislators.
Boxing firm has suit against Kansas Senate hopeful
- Court records show that independent Senate candidate Greg Orman is embroiled in a federal lawsuit in Kansas with an international boxing equipment manufacturer.
Brownback, Davis square off in first debate at Kansas State Fair
- Governor Sam Brownback and his opponent, state representative Paul Davis square off in first debate at the Kansas State Fair.
Race for Senate turns debate into battleground at state fair
- Senator Pat Roberts and candidate Greg Orman held nothing back at a debate at the Kansas State Fair as they attempt to win a U.S. Senate seat.
UPDATE: Kansas Sen. Roberts touts GOP ties in first debate
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts touted his experience and his party ties during his first debate with a surprisingly strong independent campaign challenger for his seat.
Senator Roberts' re-election team overhauled
- Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts' re-election campaign in Kansas is being overhauled as his race becomes an unexpected battleground in the fight for control of the Senate.
3rd party candidates could tip key Senate races
- Third-party candidates rarely win Senate races, but they could play significant roles in several key races this year.
Taylor plans to challenge Kobach on Senate ballot decision
- Secretary of State Kris Kobach announced earlier today that Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate, Chad Taylor, would remain on the ballot even though he wants to withdraw against incumbent Republican Sen. Pat Roberts.
AP: Taylor quit Kansas race after McCaskill talk
- Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri spoke to Chad Taylor in recent days about abandoning his bid to unseat Kansas Republican Sen. Pat Roberts, according to Democratic officials.
GOP questions legality of Democrat leaving Senate race
- The Kansas Republican Party is questioning the legality of a Democratic nominee's withdrawal from the race against three-term GOP U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts.
AFL-CIO goes after Koch brothers in ad campaign
- The nation's largest labor federation is taking aim at the conservative Koch brothers in ads designed to highlight the billionaires' political clout and to energize liberal voters.
Reaction to Chad Taylor Pulling out of Senate race
National and local experts weigh in on decision
More Election 2014 Headlines