Election 2014 Headlines
Kansas primary election saw 20 percent turnout
27 mins ago
- Kansas officials say about 20 percent of the state's 1.74 million registered voters took part in this month's primary elections.
Schodorf releases income tax return info
Posted: 10:30 AM
- The Democratic challenger to Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has released the past three years of personal income tax information and is challenging her opponent to do the same.
Women for Kansas rally to open convention
Posted: 8:54 AM
- A grassroots group called Women for Kansas is planning a public rally to open its "Taking Back Kansas" convention.
Brownback blasts Davis on education funding vote
- Incumbent Republican Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback says his Democratic challenger's opposition to a school funding bill this year shows that Paul Davis isn't the right person to lead the state.
Democratic congressional candidate endorses Orman
- The Democratic nominee in Kansas' 1st Congressional District has crossed party lines to endorse independent candidate Greg Orman for U.S. Senate.
Ousted Kansas House member plans write-in campaign
- Kansas House member Allan Rothlisberg is planning a write-in campaign for November's election after losing his Republican primary race this month.
Yes Wichita coalition forms to support sales tax
- A group that opposes a one-percent Wichita city sales tax will get some official competition Thursday.
Kansas Rep. Joe Edwards dies
- A Kansas lawmaker who lost his re-election primary battle earlier this month has died.
UPDATE: Gov. Christie stumps for Gov. Brownback
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is lending Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback support in his tougher-than-expected race against Democrat Paul Davis.
Missing names, write-in lines in McPherson primary raises concerns
- Missing names and write-in lines in a local election leaves voters and candidates in one county outraged.
It happened in the recent primary elections in McPherson County. Voters and candidates voiced concerned about both issues, but only one was a mistake.
Independent candidate joins Senate race in Kansas
- Greg Orman is now officially on the November ballot as an independent candidate in the U.S. Senate race.
Police, fire groups back Davis for Kansas governor
- Unions representing police officers and firefighters are supporting Democratic challenger Paul Davis in the Kansas governor's race.
Schodorf calls for firing of Sedgwick County Election Commissioner
- Schodorf issued a statement demanding that Secretary of State Kris Kobach fire Sedgwick County Election Commissioner Tabitha Lehman over what she calls a series of mistakes.
Roberts, Orman on tour in US Senate race in Kansas
- Republican incumbent Pat Roberts and independent candidate Greg Orman are holding multiple events across Kansas as they run for U.S. Senate.
Drawing decides southeast Kansas election
- A southeast Kansas man has won a seat on the Allen County Commission thanks to the luck of a draw.
UPDATE: Brownback sets goal of 100,000 new jobs in Kansas
- Republican Gov. Sam Brownback says he'll work to create 100,000 new private-sector jobs over four years if he's re-elected.
Analysis: Roberts favored in Kansas Senate race
- Although Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts looked vulnerable after winning his Republican primary race last week with only 48 percent of the vote, he still has an easier path to victory in November than his remaining opponents.
GOP governors' group starts attack ads in Kansas
- The Republican Governors Association is running a new TV ad in Kansas attacking Gov. Sam Brownback's Democratic challenger in November's election.
US Rep. Huelskamp wins tough Kansas GOP primary
- U.S. Rep. Tim Huelskamp has withstood opposition from agricultural interests in his rural district to defeat Clyde farmer Alan LaPolice in the Kansas Republican primary.
Kobach wins GOP primary for Kansas elections post
- Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach has won the Republican primary, despite criticism of a proof-of-citizenship requirement for new voters enacted at his urging.
Veteran US Senator Roberts wins Kansas GOP primary
- U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts has defeated tea party-backed challenger Milton Wolf in Kansas' Republican primary.
Ranzau defeats McGinn in County Commission primary
- Richard Ranzau has defeated challenger Carolyn McGinn for the Republican nomination in District 4 of the Sedgwick County Commission.
Kansas Democrats nominate prosecutor for US Senate
- A northeast Kansas prosecutor has won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate, but faces a difficult fall campaign in the Republican-leaning state.
UPDATE: Brownback scores easy victory in GOP primary
- Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback has won the state's Republican primary as expected, but the results suggest significant dissention within the GOP over his policies.
Jenkins wins in 2nd Congressional District GOP primary
- Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins has easily defeated a tea party challenger in the Republican primary in the 2nd District of eastern Kansas.
More Election 2014 Headlines