Election 2014 Headlines
Kansas voter wants to keep Democrat in Senate race
Kansas City man fighting to vote for Chad Taylor
State representative defends residency, condo
- A Kansas state representative says the nearly half-million-dollar condominium he owns in Lawrence is just where he stays during legislative sessions, while his official residence is at his sister's house in Salina.
Kansas senator has 1st web ad; foe calls it 'fake'
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts' re-election campaign has posted an online ad attacking independent candidate Greg Orman as a liberal pretending to be conservative.
Kansas Supreme Court to hear US Senate dispute next week
- The Kansas Supreme Court will hold a hearing next week on a petition by the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate to get his name removed from the November ballot.
UPDATE: State Supreme Court to hear Kan. Senate ballot dispute
- Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is attacking a key argument made by the Democratic candidate waging a legal battle to get his name removed from the ballot in the U.S. Senate race.
Democrat won't discuss lawsuit in Kansas Senate race
- Democratic nominee Chad Taylor is refusing to answer questions about his petition to the Kansas Supreme Court to have his name removed from the ballot as a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
Democrat Taylor sues to get name off Kansas Senate ballot
- Democratic candidate Chad Taylor has filed a petition with the Kansas Supreme Court to get his name removed from the Nov. 4 ballot in the U.S. Senate race.
Democrat in Kansas 1st having event with lawmakers
- The Democratic nominee in the 1st Congressional District of Kansas is preparing to have a Statehouse news conference with former and current state legislators.
Boxing firm has suit against Kansas Senate hopeful
- Court records show that independent Senate candidate Greg Orman is embroiled in a federal lawsuit in Kansas with an international boxing equipment manufacturer.
Brownback, Davis square off in first debate at Kansas State Fair
- Governor Sam Brownback and his opponent, state representative Paul Davis square off in first debate at the Kansas State Fair.
Race for Senate turns debate into battleground at state fair
- Senator Pat Roberts and candidate Greg Orman held nothing back at a debate at the Kansas State Fair as they attempt to win a U.S. Senate seat.
UPDATE: Kansas Sen. Roberts touts GOP ties in first debate
- Republican Sen. Pat Roberts touted his experience and his party ties during his first debate with a surprisingly strong independent campaign challenger for his seat.
Senator Roberts' re-election team overhauled
- Republican U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts' re-election campaign in Kansas is being overhauled as his race becomes an unexpected battleground in the fight for control of the Senate.
3rd party candidates could tip key Senate races
- Third-party candidates rarely win Senate races, but they could play significant roles in several key races this year.
Taylor plans to challenge Kobach on Senate ballot decision
- Secretary of State Kris Kobach announced earlier today that Democratic candidate for the U.S. Senate, Chad Taylor, would remain on the ballot even though he wants to withdraw against incumbent Republican Sen. Pat Roberts.
AP: Taylor quit Kansas race after McCaskill talk
- Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri spoke to Chad Taylor in recent days about abandoning his bid to unseat Kansas Republican Sen. Pat Roberts, according to Democratic officials.
GOP questions legality of Democrat leaving Senate race
- The Kansas Republican Party is questioning the legality of a Democratic nominee's withdrawal from the race against three-term GOP U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts.
AFL-CIO goes after Koch brothers in ad campaign
- The nation's largest labor federation is taking aim at the conservative Koch brothers in ads designed to highlight the billionaires' political clout and to energize liberal voters.
Reaction to Chad Taylor Pulling out of Senate race
National and local experts weigh in on decision
UPDATE: Democrat Chad Taylor withdraws from U.S. Senate race
- Senator Pat Roberts' only challengers now are Independent candidate Greg Orman and Libertarian Randall Batson.
Dissident Kansas GOP group backs Orman for Senate
- Independent U.S. Senate candidate Greg Orman has been endorsed by a group of former moderate Republicans in the Kansas Legislature who are unhappy with the state GOP's conservative leanings.
Brownback: Davis not credible on water issues
- Gov. Sam Brownback is promising to finish work on a 50-year water conservation plan for Kansas if he's re-elected this fall.
Davis sees Kansas school cuts if Brownback wins
- Democratic challenger Paul Davis predicts that funding for Kansas public schools will be cut if Republican Gov. Sam Brownback wins re-election, but Davis is not outlining a specific education plan.
Women For Kansas convention opposes Republicans
- If Labor Day weekend is the old-fashioned time to start election-year campaigning, the group 'Women for Kansas' is following it.
Kansas primary election saw 20 percent turnout
- Kansas officials say about 20 percent of the state's 1.74 million registered voters took part in this month's primary elections.
More Election 2014 Headlines