Science & Technology News
Asteroid passing Earth will be closer than moon
- An asteroid is headed this way. But even though it will come closer than the moon, astronomers say it will pose no danger.
Boeing launches smart phone for defense, security employees
- The phone features a "self-destruct" option that wipes all data from the device if tampered with.
Scientists solve mystery of whale graveyard
- The skeletons of at least 40 whales along with numerous other sea creatures were discovered in 2010, but why they all ended up near a coastal highway in Chile was a puzzle.
Astronaut nearly drowned in space due to NASA's poor communication, report says
- In a damning report unveiled today, investigators faulted International Space Station management for giving the go ahead for a spacewalk when they knew they had a problem with a water leak the week before.
Apple admits products are vulnerable to hackers
- The problem exists for anyone using an iPhone 4 or a later model, the iPod touch and the iPad 2, 3 and Air.
Arctic getting darker, making earth warmer
- The Arctic isn't nearly as bright and white as it used to be because of more ice melting in the ocean, and that's turning out to be a global problem, a new study says.
Quarter of Americans convinced sun revolves around Earth, survey finds
- A survey that was released Friday revealed some alarming truths about the state of science education across the country.
Construction workers unearth Ice Age mammoth tusk in Seattle
- The prehistoric relative of the elephant, mammoths roamed across Washington State until around 10,000 years ago.
NASA launches newest communication satellite
- An unmanned rocket blasted off Thursday night from Cape Canaveral with the latest, third-generation Tracking and Data Relay Satellite.
Google develops contact lens glucose monitor
- Google says it will take at least five years to reach consumers.
More Science & Technology News