Vets Save NYC Dog Who Swallowed 111 Pennies

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

A Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 197746371 - kake.com/a?a=197746371
Gray Television, Inc.