KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News

Teen's Body Spray Sets Off School Fire Alarm

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Friday, May 11, 2012

Officials say a fire alarm that went off at a Connecticut high school was activated by a student's "overabundance" of body spray in a locker room.

Firefighters were called to Middletown High School shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday.

Officials told The Middletown Press that the student used an excessive amount of the scented spray and created a cloud of mist right below a heat sensor, which tripped the fire alarm.

Firefighters allowed students and teachers to return to the building shortly after arriving.

Officials deemed the call a "routine accidental."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 151111475 - kake.com/a?a=151111475