KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News

Minn. Child Injured After Cell Phone Explodes In Class

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Minnesota Middle School student is recovering after his cellphone exploded in his pants pocket.

It happened Thursday in the town of Rochester. ABC affiliate KAAL-TV reports that the explosion left the child with injuries to his leg and also damaged the floor.

KAAL says the classroom was evacuated until the issue was resolved. The school and the child's family declined to comment on the incident.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 192743011 - kake.com/a?a=192743011