Man Accidentally Eats Steel Bristle During BBQ

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Tacoma man needed emergency surgery after accidentally eating a steel bristle from a grill brush he used during a barbeque.

KING 5 reports that Adam Wojtanowicz went to the hospital Sunday complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn't go away despite his taking medication. Doctors found a metal bristle on a CT scan and performed surgery to get it out.

Wojtanowicz says he recently hosted a cookout, and he thinks a steel bristle from his grill brush fell onto his steak. He says he apparently swallowed the metal without realizing it.

The Centers for Disease Control says it knows of at least six people who have recently suffered similar, potentially fatal, injuries. It doesn't blame a particular brand or type of brush.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 161949375