Man Dies In Roach Eating Contest

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

October 9, 2012

Authorities say the winner of a roach-eating contest in South Florida died shortly after downing dozens of the live bugs as well as worms. The grand prize in Friday night's contest was a live python.

The Broward County sheriff's office says in a news release that it is
waiting for an autopsy to give the official cause of death.

However, the news release Monday says 32-year-old Edward Archbold became ill soon after winning and collapsed in front of the Ben Siegel Reptile Store where the contest. The store is in Deerfield Beach about 40 miles north of Miami. Archbold was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Police say several contestants ate insects but no one else became ill.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173300091