County Fair-goers: We were fed pot-laced chocolate

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

DENVER Three people say they were drugged after eating a chocolate bar that wasn't supposed to have marijuana in it at the Denver County Fair's new pot pavilion.
Fair spokeswoman Dana Cain says at least two of the people went to the hospital and tested positive for THC, pot's active ingredient. Colorado law bars the public consumption of pot and no actual marijuana was supposed to be offered at the fair.
Richard Jones of Arvada told KMGH-TV (http://bit.ly/1slHU8a) he became sweaty and nauseous after eating the chocolate and thought he was having a stroke or heart attack. He says hospital tests showed he had about 20 times the legal driving limit of THC in his system.
Vendor LivWell says it's investigating. If marijuana really was in the bars, the company says it was put there without its knowledge.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 270369711 - kake.com/a?a=270369711