National and World Headlines
Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
Posted: 4:14 PM
- Chelsea Clinton says she and her husband are expecting their first child later this year.
President Obama hopeful on Ukraine, will watch Russians
Posted: 3:08 PM
- President Barack Obama says he hopes Russia lives up to its agreement with Ukraine but adds that Russia's previous actions give him concern.
Salina Central High School under extra security following threat
- KSAL reports that the district learned of an unspecified threat and consulted with Salina Police.
UPDATE: Florida highway patrol releases report on deadly daycare crash
- The Florida Highway Patrol says a vehicle crashed into a day care center in an Orlando, Fla., suburb and injured 12 people, including children.
Firetruck slams into building in Los Angeles suburb, injures 14
The crash in Monterey Park left one truck embedded in the restaurant, with rubble scattered across the sidewalk.
Patrols increase near Boston Marathon finish line
- Police have stepped up patrols near the Boston Marathon finish line, a day after a masked man walked in the street with a rice cooker in his backpack.
French lab loses 2,000 vials of deadly SARS virus
- The Pasteur Institute in Paris, France announced this week that it realized it was missing the vials and contacted the country’s National Security Agency of Medicines and Health Products to conduct an investigation on April 8, according to a news release.
South Korea says nearly 300 missing in ferry disaster
- Officials in South Korea say nearly 300 people are still missing several hours after a ferry sank in the cold waters off the country's southern coast.
Arizona man accused in 'mercy killing' goes missing
- An arrest warrant was issued on Monday for Howard Randolph, 79, after authorities said he cut off his electronic monitoring ankle bracelet and failed to show up for a pre-trial hearing.
UPDATE: Man charged with marathon hoax due in court
- The mother of a man arrested near the Boston Marathon finish line carrying a backpack containing a rice cooker on the anniversary of the bombings says her son has a mental disorder.
More National and World Headlines