KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News

Six Children Hurt When Gas Can Explodes In Texas

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Monday, December 24, 2012

Six children in Texas have been injured by an explosion that happened after gas was poured from a can onto an open fire pit.

Four children have been airlifted to an area hospital after the Monday afternoon explosion in McKinney, north of Dallas. McKinney fire department spokeswoman Stacie Durham says the six children are believed to have been left unsupervised in the backyard, where a fire was burning. Adults were inside the home.

Durham says at least one of the children sprinkled gasoline from a can onto the fire and left the can near the pit. She says fumes from the can ignited.

All six children were near the can when it exploded.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184708501 - kake.com/a?a=184708501