Fire erupts at Oklahoma sorority house

By: KAKE.com Email
By: KAKE.com Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

NORMAN, Okla. - Fire erupted Tuesday night at a sorority house near the University of Oklahoma campus.

A reporter with ABC affiliate KOCO-TV posted dramatic pictures of the fire at the Alpha Gamma Delta house. Flames were visible above the building shortly after 9:00 p.m.

Everyone inside the sorority evacuated safely. They were moved to hotels in the Norman area.

The AGD house tweeted after midnight: "Thank you everyone for your outpour of love, support & blessings. Our women are okay. We are fortunate to have so much love & support."

The cause of the fire and the extent of the damage have not been announced.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 240232451 - kake.com/a?a=240232451
Gray Television, Inc.