Thursday, December 01, 2011
‘Tis the season – for cats to get into your Christmas tree.
But how do you keep your feline pet out of the presents and away from the pine? Good question.
KAKE’s Jeff Herndon has these tips to cat-proof your tree.
1. Move your ornaments up off low-hanging branches.
2. Put tin foil around the base of your tree.
3. Sprinkle orange peels and cinnamon around the tree.
4. Rub tabsco sauce on the lower branches.
5. Spray your tree with apple biter.
6. Make a home-made, noisy device that will startle the cat.
Of course, the only fool-proof way to keep your cat away from your Christmas tree is to put it in a room the cat can't access.
Jeff suggests getting a dog if none of the above methods are successful.