West Wichita House Fire Ruled Accidental

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

March 7, 2013

A late-night fire in west Wichita is being blamed on an electrical issue.

The fire broke out late Wednesday in the 400 block of North Clayton.

Everyone was able to get out of the home safely before crews arrived, and the fire was extinguished quickly.

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental, saying it was the result of an electrical short. It caused about $35,000 in damage.

The Red Cross assisted three adults and two children.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195808611 - kake.com/a?a=195808611
Gray Television, Inc.