Late Night Fire Damages South Wichita Home

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wednesday, September 12th, 2012

A fire that started on a deck severely damaged a home in south Wichita late Tuesday night.

The fire broke out just before 11:30 p.m. in the 1200 block of W. Greenfield, near Pawnee and Seneca.

All the residents of the home got out safely and no one was hurt.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in about 45 minutes.

Fire investigators say the fire was started by discarded cigarette butts. Strong winds blew them up onto the deck, which caught fire. The wind then blew the fire up to the attic.

The fire caused about $60,000 in damage to the home and $10,000 in damage to the contents.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 169424106 -