We're all looking to save money in this recession. And it's nice to have extra cash on hand. So here are five ways to put some extra dough in your wallet from cameron huddleston of kipplinger dot com.
1. Take advantage of the largest flee market in the world.
sell your stuff on line on ebay.
You can sell everything from furniture ... to collectibles and clothing. and don't forget craig's list. You can also sell used books on amazon.
2. Be a mysery shopper. You can provide feedback to companies on customer serviceand merchandise quality.
But watch out for scam artists. Do not respond to cold e-mails about this. Instead, go to the association's web site www.mysteryshop.org to see a data base of legit companies.
3. Operate a call center from your home. you can make up to $14 an hour by providing customer support for big name companies. The big companies are arise Virtual Solutions, West Corporation and Alpine Access. You'll need a computer and a high speed internet connection.
4. Sell you unwanted gold jewelry. The price is down a bit from a few months ago. But gold is still going for over $900 an ounce. Plenty of places are willing to take your old gold and melt it down. But check the price before you go to make sure you're not getting low balled.
5. Walk the dogs. People need someone to let fido out of the house or walk him while they're at work or on vacation. Dog walkers get $15 to $30 an hour in big cities. Advertise on Craig's List or at area veterinarian's offices.
So get going and get some cash. It's there for the taking.