WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — The operators of a Wichita restaurant have told a judge that they plan to change their pleas on federal charges of employing people who are in the country unlawfully.
A court notation Thursday in the case against Yong Lin and his wife, Zhuo Mei Weng, sets a hearing Feb. 12 for both of them in Wichita. The U.S. Attorney's Office says it has reached tentative agreements for guilty pleas.
The couple was indicted last year on charges of conspiracy and harboring people who are in the U.S. unlawfully.
Prosecutors brought the case after federal agents and local police searched the World Buffet Grill and three Wichita apartments.
A 12-count indictment alleges they paid workers in cash and failed to complete employment eligibility forms.