UPDATE: Two People Critically Injured In Hutchinson Fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hutchinson fire officials say two men suffered serious burns after they used gasoline to stoke a fire.

It happened Sunday evening in the 1200 block of East 4th Street. Hutchinson Fire Battalion Chief Doug Hanen tells KAKE News that the men were in a backyard shed when they tried to use gasoline to stoke a wood burning stove.

Hanen says the gasoline caused a flash fire that burned both men. They were flown to Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis for treatment.

The fire caused very little damage to the shed and was nearly out when firefighters arrived on scene.

Sunday, March10, 2013

Two people are were critically injured in a fire in Hutchinson Sunday evening.

Reno County 911 dispatchers tell KAKE News that it happened in the 1200 block of East 4th Street. Authorities say two men were in a shed when the gas-powered space heater they were using flashed over, burning them both.

Medical helicopters were called to the area to transport the victims to Wichita for treatment.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 196782891 - kake.com/a?a=196782891
Gray Television, Inc.