Kansas Boy Warns Dad About Fire; 2 Brothers Saved

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An 8-year-old Hutchinson boy is being credited with alerting his father to a house fire in time to save his two brothers.

But the Hudson family lost their home and all their belongings in the Monday fire.

The family says Tyler Hudson saw smoke and flames coming out of the roof of his home as he boarded the school bus. He called to his dad, who was able to run inside and rescue his 6- and 4-year old sons. The children's mother was at work.

The Hutchinson News reports the family's cat died in the fire, which is still under investigation.

The family is staying at a hotel. They were already remodeling a new home and planned to move, although it will be some time before it's done.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195255201 - kake.com/a?a=195255201
Gray Television, Inc.