Electrical Problem Caused Fatal Fire In Dodge City

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dodge City fire officials say a blaze that killed a woman and child two days after Christmas was caused by an electrical malfunction.

Fire Capt. Ken Spencer said the fire Dec. 27 fire began in an area where a space heater was plugged into an extension cord running behind a couch. The Dodge City Daily Globe reports the home did not have any fire alarms.

Fifty-one-year-old Luz Maria Conejo and 2-year-old Pablo Antonio Coca-Conejo died of smoke inhalation in the fire. Four people were able to escape the blaze.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 188037761 - kake.com/a?a=188037761