KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Teen Suffers Burns In Flash Fire

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Friday, June 28, 2013

A teen suffered potentially critical injuries following a flash fire Friday afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 1500 block of North Piatt shortly after 4 p.m. when they arrived, they found a small fire inside of a home that they were able to quickly put out.

Officials say a 15-year-old boy had brought a gas can inside the home. Something caused the vapors to ignite and started a flash fire.

The teen suffered burns to his hand and shoulder. He was taken to Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis in potentially critical condition.

The teen's brother and father were inside the home at the time of the fire, but were not hurt. Damage is estimated and just few hundred dollars.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 213592461 - kake.com/a?a=213592461