Work on trailer sparks Salina house fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

SALINA, Kan A fire that caused extensive damage to a Salina house is blamed on work being done on a trailer. Fire crews were called to the home at 511 N. 13th after 3:00 a.m. Sunday. Firefighters saw smoke coming from the attic and attached garage.

The fire started in the garage. The homeowner told investigators he had been welding and grinding on a trailer for most of the day in the garage. The fire started when sparks came in contact with combustibles inside the garage.

The fire caused $65,000 in damage. No one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 251954161 - kake.com/a?a=251954161
Gray Television, Inc.