WICHITA, Kan. — A child is going to be fine after she was accidentally locked in a hot car Monday night in northwest Wichita.
It happened as a family was leaving a restaurant at 21st and Amidon around 7 p.m. Monday. A couple put their two-year-old daughter in the car, then accidentally shut the door with the keys still inside. When they couldn't get back in, they immediately called 911.
When police arrived, an officer broke out a car window to free the child. The temperature outside was 97, and police said the girl's temperature was already on the rise.
She was checked out by EMS crews and released to her parents.
No charges are expected against the parents from Las Vegas, who were in town visiting relatives.