Monday May 6, 2013
There are questions arising whether a gas line which ruptured was properly marked before digging started.
Saturday a four inch natural gas line was ruptured by a backhoe digger. The resulting fire caused the evacuation of several streets in the neighborhood north of McDonald Golf course until it was brought under control.
Tom Dondlinger, owner of Dondlinger construction says an old inactive gas line was marked rather than the active gas line.
A spokeswoman for the Gas Service company says the correct line was marked.
Kansas law requires anyone doing digging work to call the free one-call system at 811 for safe dig. Someone will come out to mark underground utilities.
A spokesman for the Kansas Corporation Commission says the KCC is investigating.
No one was hurt.