KAKE | Wichita, Kansas | News, Weather, & Sports

Unattended cooking blamed for north Wichita house fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Wichita, Kan. -- Unattended cooking on a stove top inside of a north Wichita home is blamed for sparking a house fire.

It happened shortly after 12 p.m. in the 2600 block of North Litchfield, near 25th and Amidon. Acting Wichita Fire Battalion Chief Rick Bahr says when crews arrived at the scene they found heavy smoke coming from the home.

Firefighters were able to bring the flames under control quickly and keep the fire from spreading beyond the kitchen. Damage is estimated at $45,000 to the home and its contents.

No injuries were reported.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266880991 - kake.com/a?a=266880991