Squirrel responsible for house fire in northern Kansas

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

SALINA, Kan. -- Fire investigators say a squirrel was responsible for a house fire in near Salina late last week.

The fire broke out around 5:30 p.m. Friday at a home in the 4500 block of South Burma Road when a squirrel came in contact with a power line.

Captain Roger Soldan with the Saline County Sheriff’s Office told KSAL News in Salina that a squirrel was electrocuted on an overhead Westar wire and fell to the ground, igniting the grass. The fire then spread.

According to KSAL, damage to an unoccupied rental home, a shed, one car, two trucks and a old wagon is estimated in the thousands.

No one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 250639071 - kake.com/a?a=250639071
Gray Television, Inc.