Firefighters say a space heater was responsible for a fire this morning at a Wichita auto repair shop.
The fire started around 9 a.m. Wednesday at an auto shop in the 200 block of North Mathewson, near Douglas and Hydraulic.
An area resident called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the building. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.
They determined the source was a gasoline-powered space heater, that caught a nearby trash can on fire. No one was inside at the time.
The fire caused about $3,000 in damage.