WICHITA, Kan. — Fire has caused significant damage to a west Wichita bar.
Just before 11:30 a.m. Monday, a passerby called 911 after seeing smoke coming from Whiskey Dick's Bar and Grill, located at 801 S. Seneca. Fire crews who arrived on scene reported seeing heavy smoke and called for a second alarm response, which requests additional units.
Due to the traffic hazard on the busy street, Wichita Police closed the exit from eastbound Kellogg to Seneca, as well as parts of Seneca.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control, but crews report the fire caused extensive damage to the first floor and added that the inventory was a complete loss.
The fire had also spread to the attic, but crews on the roof were able to get it under control.
The building was vacant and locked up when the fire began. Crews had to force entry to get inside.
Investigators believe the fire was started by a faulty electrical outlet. Damage is estimated at approximately $100,000.