UPDATE: Kansas man who died after fire identified

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email
KSAL reports that the fire was reported just before 11 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Florida.

KSAL

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Salina, Kan. -- A Salina man has died, after he was burned in a house fire Wednesday morning.

It happened around 11 a.m. in the 100 block of Florida in Salina. KSAL reports that when crews arrived they found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.

Fire officials tell KSAL that a man was critically burned at the home while rescuing a dog. Salina Fire Marshall Roger Williams said that the man had to be stopped by first responders from going back in for a second dog.

He was taken to Salina Regional Medical Center before being airlifted to Wichita in critical condition. He died later at the hospital.

He's been identified as 49-year-old Darrell Pattillo.

Firefighters later recovered the second dog from underneath a bed.

The fire appears to have started in the garage and may have been caused by an electrical short.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 258362461 - kake.com/a?a=258362461