Salina family sues in death from electrical shock

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press
KMBC

KMBC

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

SALINA, Kan. (AP) -- The family of an 11-year-old Salina girl who died after suffering an electrical shock while playing in the rain is suing the city and the company that made an electrical box.

Jayden Hicks died in December after being shocked while playing with friends in downtown Salina last May.

The Salina Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1jfQKRo ) that Jayden was shocked after she fell on an in-ground electrical box with a metal cover.

The lawsuit alleges the box was not properly grounded. The family is seeking unspecified damages.

The city's insurance will pay a maximum of $1 million per incident. The lawsuit also challenges the constitutionality of a Kansas law that caps liability at the amount of insurance carried by a municipality.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246337821