Salina, Kan. -- Salina Police are investigating whether or not a 1-year-old child ingested sleeping pills.
Captain Mike Sweeney says it happened shortly after 8:30 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of Comanche. The child's parents report they saw that the 1-year-old had a sleeping pill bottle and there were pills on the floor.
It was unclear if the child had ingested any because he was acting normal and alert. The parents contacted poison control, which recommended they call for an ambulance. The child became drowsy and then fell asleep.
Paramedics took the baby to the hospital for treatment. The child was later taken to a Wichita hospital as a precaution, and appears to be doing well.
Captain Sweeney says the sleeping pills were for another child at the home and the cap did not fit properly. No criminal charges have been filed.