Recall: Tents Can Cause Suffocation

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the PeaPod Travel Tents by KidCo are being pulled from stores.

Infants and young children can roll off the edge of the inflatable air mattress, become entrapped between the mattress and the fabric sides of the tent, and suffocate. A 5-month old boy recently died and three other children became entrapped or experienced physical distress in the product. The Kidco PeaPod travel beds and PeaPod plus travel beds are small, portable sleep tents marketed for use by infants from birth to 3+ years, depending on the model.

The travel tents were sold nationwide from January 2005 through the present for between $70 and $100.

For more information on this recall, click on the link below.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180135461 -
Gray Television, Inc.