Police: Computer Work Fatal For Electrocuted Teen

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

BC-KS--Computer-Teen Electrocuted,125

Shawnee police say the death of a 16-year-old boy this summer underscores the dangers of working on computers without being fully trained to do so.

The teen was found dead in his home Aug. 16, and an autopsy indicated the youth was electrocuted after accessing the power supply area of a computer.

The computer was unplugged at the time, and police believe the boy was stripping an older computer for parts. They say many people don't understand that computers carry a charge even when they are unplugged and broken.

Police say it's not a good idea to strip an old computer to build a new one because of the danger it poses to people who don't know what they're doing.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 173258291 - kake.com/a?a=173258291
Gray Television, Inc.