McDonald's in Hutchinson damaged by fire

By: KAKE News - Email
By: KAKE News - Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — A small fire left behind damage at a Hutchinson fast-food restaurant late last night.

Around 10:30 p.m. Monday, crews responded to a McDonald's restaurant on East 4th Avenue in Hutchinson. Firefighters arrived to find smoke inside the restaurant, and located the fire around a fryer unit in the kitchen.

It took about 15 minutes to get the fire under control and crews remained on scene for about two hours.

There were employees and customers in the store at the time of the fire, but they made it out safely. No one was hurt.

Investigators believe the fire started due to a malfunction in the fryer unit. That unit along with the hood system was damaged, estimated at about $15,000.

The restaurant will remain closed until repairs are made.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 263468781 -