Man Mixing Chemicals Starts Motel Fire

By: KAKE News Email
By: KAKE News Email

Stay up-to-date with KAKE News:

November 9, 2012

A man mixing chemicals is blamed for starting a fire at a north Wichita motel.

Fire crews were called to the Auto Motel, 1230 N. Broadway at 11:05 p.m. Friday. A witness say a flaming object thrown out of a window and called 911. A 58-year-old man was located and arrested.

Fire crews initially thought the man may have been making meth in his room. It turns out the man was mixing chemicals just to see if he could create a chemical reaction.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KAKE TV 1500 N. West Street Wichita, KS 67203-1323 (316) 943-4221
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 178120931 -
Gray Television, Inc.